3 month time limit for backdating

This process is not backdating, it is what the law says must happen when you apply.

This rule also applies to men over pension credit age but less than aged 65 who are NOT in receipt of Income Support, Job Seeker’s Allowance (Income based) or Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related).

If the form is not returned in that time, the claim will start from the Monday after we get your claim form.

Contact can be in person, by phone, email or in writing.

It is a condition of a person's right to any payment that he or she makes a claim for the specific payment in the manner set out in regulations (Article 179 of SI 142 of 2007) and satisfies the Department of his or her identity.

The usual requirement is that the claimant must complete and sign the appropriate application form and ensure that it is submitted to the relevant section of the Department of Social Protection (DSP) within a specified period of becoming entitled to the payment.

Time limits It is essential that the tribunal claim form (known as an ET1) and either the fee, or an application for fee remission, arrives at the tribunal office on or before the time limit for that claim.

3 month time limit for backdating-683 month time limit for backdating-3

The Claimant needs to be aware of this to make sure they do not miss the deadline for making a claim and they may have to pay the fee and then claim a backdated remission to make sure their claim is made in time.If you are over pension credit age, the law requires us to automatically treat your claim for Housing Benefit as being made 3 months before we actually received your claim.This would mean we can consider paying you for a period up to 3 months before the date we received your application form.This period is usually referred to as 'the prescribed time' - see paragraph 3.4 below.For the purposes of satisfying identity, the Claimant may be asked to: Where a claimant for any Social Welfare Benefit or Assistance (excluding Supplementary Welfare Allowance) is required to produce Birth, Marriage or Death certificates, these may be purchased for a reduced fee (currently €1.00) from the General Register Office or Superintendent Registrar's Office (one located in each county).

Leave a Reply